Bike Basics GmbH Warranty Terms and Conditions
From Model year 2023
Warranty on manufactured and raw materials:
The warranty period begins on the date of purchase and is only valid for the original buyer.
• Titanium trekking / adventure / electric frames (frame only): 10-year manufacturer’s guarantee against material and manufacturing defects
• Aluminum trekking / adventure / electric frame (frame only): 6-year manufacturer’s guarantee against material and manufacturing defects
• Titanium MTB / Gravel frame (frame only) 7-year manufacturer’s guarantee against material and manufacturing defects
• Aluminum MTB / Gravel frame (frame only) 4-year manufacturer’s guarantee against material and manufacturing defects
• idworx trekking fork made of aluminum 6-year manufacturer’s guarantee on material and manufacturing defects
• idworx carbon trekking fork 6-year manufacturer’s guarantee on material and manufacturing defects
• idworx carbon MTB / Gravel fork 6-year manufacturer’s guarantee on material and manufacturing defects
Warranty on painted finish:
Aluminium frames and rigid forks – 5 year warranty.
Peeling or chipping resulting from incorrect handling and/or poor mainte- nance will not be covered by warranty.
Although idworx bicycle frames are finished using only the highest quality materials, certain substances such as acids or salt water can damage the surface.
To avoid unnecessary damage, thoroughly clean the surface of the bicycle, particularly after use in salty conditions (for example near the sea or on salted roads during winter). Sweat can also have adverse effects on painted surfaces.
Regular cleaning and polishing throughout the year is strongly recommen- ded to maintain the surface from premature damage. This is particularly the case in wet and/or winter conditions.
When making a warranty claim:
Bring the complete bicycle to a recognized idworx dealer with proof of purchase and a copy of the idworx guarantee card. Providing your address and telephone number along with the claim can often aid in shortening the time a claim takes to process.
Warranty claims cannot be made for bicycles involved in the following:
• Training for, or participating in, trial or downhill competition
• Installation of motors, auxiliary drives or the like
• Inappropriate use in general
• Any modifications that weaken the construction of the frame and/or
• Material breakage or surface damage resulting from falls or accidents
• Faulty adjustment of components that influence the frame, fork, and/
or surface (for example, by riding for long periods of time with an incor-
rectly adjusted headset)
• Damage resulting from inappropriately protected transport (for
example external car racks etc.)
Modifications to idworx bicycles:
idworx bicycles are built and equipped with the greatest possible care. Components are chosen to function together in the most optimal way. Should modifications to fundamental components be made, it is recommended that an idworx dealer make these changes to ensure that compatible replacement parts are used for operational safety.
Check to be sure that the bicycle is in good and functioning condition by making the following checks:
• Are the quick releases in the hub, the seat clamp and the brakes (HS33 FIRM-tech) secure?
• Have the brakes been correctly adjusted to function properly?
• Has the headset been adjusted to be free of play and moving
• Is the seat post length within the safety markings?
• Are all the screws tightened to the specified torque level?
• Are all moving parts functioning smoothly and not obstructed in any
• Is the air pressure in the tires at the correct level?
• Have all maintenance and operation specifications contained in the
included operating handbooks and detailed on our website www. idworx-bikes.com been complied with?
Recommendations for replacing rigid aluminum trekking forks
Please also note the warranty terms on your idworx warranty card!